Estate agents are only ever as good as their database, hence the importance of ensuring that yours is in tip top condition.
There are numerous challenges involved in database management, particularly for established estate agency firms with large volumes of data across multiple sources.
So, where should you start in building an invaluable database for your business?
Leading estate agency software provider Veco™ has put together these 10 Top tips to help you overhaul and consolidate your systems and processes.
1. Be clear about what you’re trying to achieve.
2. Consider how best to segment and categorise your customers.
3. Appoint the right software provider to take care of the right systems and processes, based on the needs of your business and not its products and services.
4. Prepare staff for change.
5. Appoint system champions, who can encourage colleagues to buy in to the change and appreciate the merits of the system.
6. Ensure that you have the right staff in place to exploit the capabilities of your new software system through comprehensive training.
7. Identify staff who may need extra support to be able to use the system.
8. Consider whether data cleansing or starting afresh is more appropriate for your business.
9. Evaluate the success of your implementation project.
10. Identify areas for improvement and development.